Nana

Status
Not open for further replies.

kernel

Sep 23, 2004
Singapore
A recent shoot of the model. It was really nice working with her, and Colin as well. Thanks Colin :thumbsup:

13685nana_01.jpg

Thank you for recommending us a great location.

Grateful for all the tips and shooting techniques that you share with us.

Learned alot from you and hope to see you pretty soon!

Nice soft lighting considering this was shot indoors with flash... did you bouce the wireless flash off the ceiling and/or use a diffuser? Did you need to dial in any exposure/flash compensation? Did the flash come only from the wireless flash? Sorry for all the question as I am still quite suaku about wireless flash...

As for the image, i would prefer if she were standing in the rule of thirds position and her fingers not be cropped... and also prefer if she stands more with her back showing rather than sideways... otherwise nice lighting... and a very pretty model!

Thanks Grado for your comments. Yup, I have a problem with cropping body parts. Always try to remind myself not to crop at the wrong places. But sometimes too excited when got a pretty model in front of the camera :bsmilie:

A few ways to achieve the "softness" in this photo. First, I stepped down the flash by one stop (remote flash on the left). There was enough ambient light to light up the rest. Second, add/enhance effect in PS.

Hi Colin, nice to know you too. I hope to be able to shoot with you again.

Here's another photo of Nana.

13685nana_02.jpg

Here is my contribution... was feeling a little unwell that gloomy day, almost didn't make it but luckily there were some acceptable pics... Dunno much about PS, just levels, contrast and USM...

7565nana3.jpg

grado said:
Here is my contribution... was feeling a little unwell that gloomy day, almost didn't make it but luckily there were some acceptable pics... Dunno much about PS, just levels, contrast and USM...

7565nana3.jpg

Be aware of the background at OCH ... :nono:

Please take a look at the damaged wall brick and the model 'body' ... :bheart: The wall brick distracting ... :sweat:

Nice pics. Like the 2nd pic. :sweatsm:

KNIGHT ONG said:
Be aware of the background at OCH ... :nono:

Please take a look at the damaged wall brick and the model 'body' ... :bheart: The wall brick distracting ... :sweat:

Actually I don't find the brick wall distracting... I saw it already and also have another version that does not include it. I find it another point of interest about the surrounding rather than a plain wall. My eyes are still drawn to Nana first. Maybe that's my opinion only... Still I like her expression here very much.

grado said:
Actually I don't find the brick wall distracting... I saw it already and also have another version that does not include it. I find it another point of interest about the surrounding rather than a plain wall. My eyes are still drawn to Nana first. Maybe that's my opinion only... Still I like her expression here very much.
Maybe not for you ... :think:

Distracting to me is you place her breast in line with the brick wall ... :sticktong :sweatsm:

I tend to see the same way as Knight.

It is like she is trying to put her, er, assets, into that ulgy gaping hole!

Background should enhance, not detract from the main subject.

I guess this pic does not work for you guys, hehe! As I said I was off form that day as I was running a fever and almost didn't go, so I was more "bochap" than usual, tended to just snap away carelessly with a throbbing headache nagging at the back of my head now and then, but I still like this pic never the less... Thanks for the comments, will keep them in mind!

kernel said:
A recent shoot of the model. It was really nice working with her, and Colin as well. Thanks Colin :thumbsup:

13685nana_01.jpg

Paiseh, can anyone tell me what is the 3rd number....6 1 x 6 :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.